Come Join Summer Swim Team!
Wave Aquatics Summer Swim Team is a fun opportunity to get an introduction to swim team and competitive swimming.
June 9 at 6 pm
Redmond Pool 17535 NE 104th St Redmond, WA 98052
June 22 at 3:15 pm
Juanita High School Pool 10601 NE 132nd St Kirkland, WA 98034
Swimmers must be able to swim 25 yards of freestyle and backstroke and must be 5 years or age or older. The team is limited to 60 members. Those who complete the season are eligible for a select tryout for Wave’s year-round team.
Summer League Season:
· June 24—August 10
· Cost for entire season is $290 per athlete
· Practices Monday through Thursday at JAC from 9:00—10:30 am
· Three swim meets
· Team cap and Team T-shirt
Summer League FAQs
Q. How often is practice?
Practices are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday mornings at Juanita Aquatics Center from 9:00-10:30 am.
Q. What do we need at practice?
A competitive suit, goggles that work well that you can dive with, and a swim cap for those with longer hair or want to take care of their hair.
Q. Where is a good place to get a racing suit, goggles, etc.?
Wave has been a longtime supporter of Sylvia’s Swimwear, a local company with retail stores in Bellevue and Seattle. You can find out more at their website: goswim.com
Q. Are we required to attend every practice?
No, you are not required to attend every practice but the more you are there, the more you will learn and grow!
Q. Can we get a refund on missed practices?
No. Summer Swim Team is a flat fee regardless of how many meets and practices you attend.
Q. When are meets?
The first two meets are currently TBD, and the third meet will be on August 10. More information to follow.
Q. How many meets should we attend?
All of them! Meets are a chance to see how you are improving at practice!
Q. What should we expect at meets?
· There will be mistakes but help your swimmer learn and grow from them
· Swimmers will be nervous before races, but that is normal. Keep it positive and know that once they get in to race, they will be just fine
· To cheer for your teammates and have them cheer for your swimmer
· That kids will learn a lot from the experience
Q. How do we sign-up for meets?
Meet sign-up will be done through the website following these directions:
2. Sign in (sign in button is upper left side of page below main buttons)
3. Click on Meets & Events button
4. Click on meet of choice from list on that page
5. Upper right side of page there is an Attend this Event button- click on that
6. You will see “Click on Member Name” to declare for this Event:
7. Click on your swimmer’s name, then on the next page you will see where it says select- there is a drop down, you want ‘Yes please sign _____ up for this event’
8. Below that there is space for notes to the coach such as “Tina really wants to swim the 50 breast” or something similar. The coaches will make every effort to put kids into events they’d like to swim, but please limit your requests to one event per swim meet
Q. If we are signed up for a meet but cannot make it what should we do?
Please contact Coach Jay right away as he will need to make line-up changes. The sooner you can let him know, the better.
email@example.com or send a text to 275.425.3364
Goals for the Team for The Summer
· Introduce the sport of swimming
· Learn to love the different aspects of the sport
· Learn to love racing
What to pack for swim meets?
· Towels—lots of towels
· Warm clothes to wear after being in the pool
· Deck shoes
· Racing suit
· Goggles that you know you can dive in with
· Healthy snacks
· Water bottle
· Team t-shirt
· Team swim cap
· Games, cards, etc.
What to do at swim meets
· Hang out with teammates
· Cheer for your teammates
· Learn from your coaches
· Race hard
· Have fun!